You still have a few days to register for Ruby and Juliet's Spring Cleaning Ayurveda and Kundalini Yoga workshop. Register online here by 4/26, or if you are eligible for the senior or student discounts, register in person with Juliet at the Ayurvedic Health Center, or with Ruby at Inspire studio.
*April 25th: Aaron's Thursday 7:15-8:30 pm Chi Cultivation class will be canceled this Thursday, April 25th.
*May 3rd, 4th: Deanna's Friday, 5:30-6:45 pm Fluid Frequency class May 3rd will be canceled as well as her Saturday 12:30-2:00 pm Somatic Integration Class.
• Desirae Hill offers an early Morning Flow Yoga class, 7:00-8:00 am, Monday through Friday. Between April 22nd and May 20th, Morning Flow Yoga will focus on self care and the heart with Meditations from Deepak Chopra's The Path to Love. Sign up for The Path to Love 21 Day Challenge for $135 (and all the perks), or drop in any time for $10, or get a 4 class punch card for $30, or an 8 class card for $55.
• Deanna Clasby is adding a new Rolf Movement Class called: Fluid Frequency-Body as Movement. It will be Fridays, 5:30-6:45 pm starting April 12th. It's a fluid motion class, using music & flowing micro-movements to explore the waves and rhythms of the body's inherent motion.
Price: By Donation.
• Aaron Cooper's Chi Cultivation Class is now Thursday evenings from 7:15 to 8:30 pm. He will teach the fundamentals and forms of various Qigong techniques and Wu style T'ai Chi. Although T'ai Chi will be the long-term focus of this course, all the other exercises taught will maximize your results, as Aaron's "holistic" approach ensures a more consistent progression.
Price: $40.00 monthly or $10.00 drop-in.
• Bryan Given'sElemental Flow class is now on Tuesdays. He teaches a well rounded and strengthening class beneficial to all levels of students. The warm up he offers is great for the joints and and the standing flow is challenging yet accessible.
Price: $7-15 sliding scale.
• Irena Lambrou is starting a new early morning class called Sunrise Vinyasa Yoga. It's so early that most people can comfortably fit it in before their work day, because you know the early bird gets the worm! Awaken the spirit, mind and body with this power vinyasa flow. This class offers love, sweat and cheers! Practice connecting breath with movement, and leave ready to seize the day.
Price: $30/month (if you join mid month, pro-rating may be possible) or $10 drop-in; Student discount 20% off
• Brie Helmuth teaches a Clubbell yoga class, which incorporates a weighted Clubbell into a Vinyasa flow class on Wednesdays, 9:30-10:45 am. Students can expect to flow through postures and strenthening excersises both with and without the Clubbell weight. This class blends spirituality, breath awareness, muscle awareness, increased mental stimulation, and joint mobility. With the Clubbell as an extension of the arm, students will be reminded to engage the core and arms; developing strength within, awareness, and refinement for their yoga practice.
Art Baner is joining our studio and will be offering a Tai Chi Class series in May. It's called Tai Chi Chuan: Exploring Structure, Flow, and Energy and will be an enjoyable approach to learning essential Tai Chi principles and core exercises. An excellent course for both beginning and experienced students. Art Baner is a certified teacher of Yang Style Taijiquan, qigong, and meditation. He has practiced martial and healing arts for more than thirty years and brings to his work a deep passion for personal development as a path to global peace.The series begins on Tuesday, May 7th, 7:15-8:30 pm and runs for 8 weeks. 90/series; 48/month. 15% off for students of Inspire Studio and even more for teachers. Visit www.fullcirclearts.net for more information.
When: Sunday, April 28th, 12:30-4:00 pm
$35 Early bird discount (when you register by 4/25, email or see Ruby or Juliet to register. Purchase Online)
$45 at the door -Student/senior discount: $10 off
Get a fresh start for Spring! Experience ancient yogic practices to fortify your health. You'll be treated to an organic, vegetarian cleansing lunch served with traditional homemade yogi tea (chai). Discover your dosha (constitution) and sample spices that balance it. Learn how to modify your diet for the season and apply yogic eating for improved digestion, absorption and overall good health.
Then shift into the practice of Kundalini Yoga, known for it's ability to expand awareness and strengthen the nervous, glandular, and lymphatic system. You'll be guided through gentle warm ups, a mantra meditation that is powerful for cleansing the subconscious, followed by a kriya (yoga set) and breath work to jump start your body's natural ability to detoxify. The recipes and yoga handouts you get to take home will help you to integrate these tools into your daily life.
What you'll take home:
• An understanding of how to incorporate ayurvedic seasonal dietary tips
• Tools to use the Kundalini Yoga practice at home
• A handout to determine your dosha
• Recipe handouts for the lunch and tea and spices for each dosha
• Kundalini yoga practice and meditation handout
When: Sunday, May 5th, 11:00 am -5:00 pm
Cost: $68-$88 Sliding Scale
Registration: Register online here or through Ruby at Inspire Studio to avoid any fees.
Calling All Goddesses! As women, we have a magical connection to the moon. It's time to remember and activate our lunar gifts. In the spirit of Beltane, let's join together in celebration of our Moon Goddess within. Embody your Divine Feminine and rise into greater physical & spiritual health. This is for women of all ages. We are, each one of us together, connected to the rhythms of the moon. At various stages in our lives, this will be different (menstruating, pregnancy, menopause, post menopause). Come explore and discover....
Kundalini Yoga Circle & Meditation:
• Enter a Circle of sisters as we honour our Goddess selves.
• Learn a specific sequence & meditation to take home with you for balancing your moon cycle and cultivating your intuition.
Lunar Rhythm Empowerment Mapping & Feminine Life Design:
• Learn to map your full lunar cycle, becoming aware of your unique feminine rhythm to design your monthly 'ebb & flow' intentionally for greater ease, joy and productivity.
• Discover your 4 Lunar Goddess Energies & utilize these gifts in your life practically, emotionally, physically, sexually & spiritually.
• You will receive hand-outs to take home with you to incorporate in your daily for sustained transformation.
What to Bring:
Bring your own lunch & yummy edibles to share with the group. Moon Goddess tea & goodies will be provided.
Achintya invites you to be present, be real, go deep and have fun. She is the creator of Goddess Rising, weaving together Moon Guidance, Seasonal Living, Yoga (Yin, Partner & Kundalini), Meditation & Dance, with Food/Herbal Wisdom & Acu-Point Therapy for Divine Feminine Embodiment. She is a Registered Yoga Teacher, Certified Massage Therapist, Pure Foods Chef, Self-Care Coach, and holds a BA in 'Sustainable Health & Earth Education'. She has been practicing, sharing & evolving this work for the last 12 years. Achintya facilitates retreats, playshops, sacred circles & service projects internationally and is passionate about bringing women together to awaken and embody health & happiness on all levels. LOKAH SAMASTAH SUKINO BHAVANTU May All Beings Everywhere Be Happy & At Peace. If you have any questions, email Achintya at email@example.com or visit her website, www.moongoddessrising.com.
Hear a free, informal talk on one of the oldest, simplest, and most profound techniques of meditation in the world -- practiced today by millions upon millions of people. A four day course (90 min each day: Mon May 6th thru Thurs May 9th will follow).
During the free talk, we'll discuss the technique’s origins in the Vedic traditions of India, an overview of the mechanics of the practice itself, its benefits (including reduction of stress and an increase in energy and peace of mind), and how to learn.
Bradley Raider is a Vedic Meditation teacher living in Los Angeles and New York. He is founder and executive director of MDT8, a global community whose mission is to offer people of all walks of life the opportunity to learn meditation.
For the last eight years, Bradley has practiced and studied the subtle art and science of meditation with pre-eminent master of Vedic knowledge, Maharishi Vyasananda aka Thom Knoles. For twenty years, Thom was protégé to Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (the great sage and guru responsible for bringing meditation to the West in the 1960's) and Thom is widely considered one of the foremost experts in the world, having personally taught tens of thousands to meditate in over forty years.
Traveling and teaching with Thom as his exclusive assistant and apprentice for the last two years, Bradley facilitated the teaching of over a thousand students in Vedic wisdom and meditation in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, India, and Bali. Working closely with Thom's son, Charlie, as well as several other Vedic masters in the community, Bradley has witnessed incredible transformations in students ranging in age from 4 to 74 and looks forward to sharing the joys of this ancient wisdom with anyone interested in learning.
Bradley will be teaching new students in Bellingham beginning Monday, May 6th, 2013. The course consists of four consecutive days (90 minutes each day) from Monday, May 6th through Thursday May 9th. Monday (Day 1) is a private session (scheduled at a time of your choosing from early morning to early evening). Tuesday through Thursday (Days 2, 3, and 4) are group sessions held at several convenient times to accommodate all schedules. Students who'd like to register in advance may do so here: https://mdt8.wufoo.com/forms/learn-to-meditate/
When: Tuesdays, 7:15-8:30 pm
Cost: $90/series(8 weeks) or $48/month
*15% discount to current Inspire Studio students: ($76/series and $41/month)
*with teacher approval
Join us for this enjoyable approach to learning essential Tai Chi principles and core exercises. This is an excellent course for both beginning and experienced students. We'll look at the qualities of posture, balance, breath, dynamic relaxation, coordinated movement, mental focus, and more. The Tai Chi walking set will be taught along with the Ten Essential Points, mastering basic stances, and two sets of Tai Chi qigong exercises that both invigorate and prepare the student for the traditional solo form that follows. Series begins on Tuesday, May 7th and runs for 8 weeks. 90/series; 48/month. Discounts for teachers and students of Inspire Studio. Visitwww.fullcirclearts.net for more information on this series.
Art Baner is a certified teacher of Yang Style Taijiquan, qigong, and meditation. He has practiced martial and healing arts for more than thirty years and brings to his work a deep passion for personal development as a path to global peace. Art's background in the internal arts includes thorough training in Taijiquan, Wing Tsun, yoga, qigong, meditation, and extensive inquiries into practical spirituality and the human potential. He has trained, taught, and successfully competed in Washington state and Vancouver, BC. Art also has over 23 years experience in multi-disciplinary healing work and maintains a thriving practice as a somatic bodyworker in Bellingham, Washington. Art is the author of a home study course called The Heart of Qigong, a self-published newsletter called The Upward Spiral, and various other writings on philosophy, politics, and personal development.
When: Saturday, May 11th, 2:30 -5:00 pm
Cost: Preregistration: $18, $20 at the door.
• Preregister online here or with Ruby at the studio.
Join Maureen Kelly, author of CHAKRA PLAY - The Magical Vibration of You for an interactive workshop combining sound, affirmation, motion and more to bring about life balance.Sound can be used to transmute emotions and dissolve obstacles that are creating fear, resistance and physical imbalances in our lives. We can tap into the basis of the stuck emotion or life circumstance needing attention and pinpoint a chakra (or chakras) that correspond with the situation.
Using the associated seed sounds, we will address areas such as:
• Setting healthy boundaries... When does 'being nice' become enabling?
• Honoring life purpose... Feel the calling but can't quite define it? Let's explore.
.... as well as how Meridian Tapping & Personality Types can play into the mix.
Sound is a healing agent that can benefit each of us.
Come see how you can integrate it more fully into your own life.
When: Saturday, May 18th, 12:30 -3:00 pm
This workshop will explore using points & sacred geometry in the human energy field to connect the human body to the blueprint of health. Students will learn to use their own Guardian Points, Naval Point, Sacral Points, & Diamond Points that contain the information of order, balance harmony & flow.
"The growing interest in the field of Energy Medicine indicates a desire for an integral approach to healing, one where the physical body and the human energy field are recognized as aspects of each other, where energy and matter are experienced as one, where the energetic is not neglected in favor of the physical, or vice versa.
SourcePoint Therapy offers this integral approach. The primary assumption in this work is that there is an energetic template or blueprint of health for the human body that can be accessed to restore and maintain the health of that body and connect people to their natural state of order, harmony, balance and flow."
- Bob Schrei, Creator of Source • Point Therapy
When: Date TBA, likely mid June on a Sunday, 1:00-4:00
Cost: $25 early bird discount, $30 at the door. $5 off for students/unemployed
Kundalini Yoga is a unique and integrative practice open to all levels of students who wish to expand their minds and energy levels. The physical benefits include a big dose of goodness to all your bodily systems - especially your immune system, glandular system, and nervous system. Mental/Emotional benefits include lowering anxiety, increased clarity in decision-making, and an increase in your intuition. Spiritual benefits include awakening your spirit to more capacity for compassion, love, and unity.
In this workshop you'll learn the basics of this style of yoga: the background and lineage, the most often used mantras, warm up exercises, breathing techniques, mudras (hand positions) and bandhas (energy locks). Then we'll do a few kriyas and meditations designed to give you a beautiful overview and experience of Kundalini Yoga. A kriya is a specific set of yoga poses or moves, done in a specific order, for a specific time, for a specific purpose. Each kriya and meditation, while being great for the whole of you, works on something specific - for example: disease resistance, heart and lung health, strengthening the aura, emotional balance, etc. The best way to understand Kundalini Yoga is to do it and this is a great opportunity for you to experience it and it's benefits for you! You'll also receive a handout that will help you to start a home practice and give you something to reference anytime you attend a mixed level Kundalini Yoga class. To register, email Ruby at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her at Inspire Studio.